• 2 cup moong dal (split green gram)
• 1/2 cup oats
• 2 tsp hung curd (whey-free yogurt)
• 1/4 cup grated onion
• 1/4 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1/2 tsp chaat masala
• 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp chili paste
• 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
• 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
• Salt to taste
• Wash the moong dal thoroughly, add one cup water and boil. If there is any water left in it, remove it with strainer.
• Place dal in a large bowl to cool, then add onion, curd, oats, ginger-garlic, chili paste and other spices and chopped coriander, add salt to taste and mix well.
• Make a small ball and shape to form tikki or kabab.
• Heat the frying pan with oil for shallow frying on medium heat. Add the tikki or kabab and fry until both sides are golden and evenly crisp.
• Remove from the pan and allow to drain on absorbent paper.
• Serve it hot with any dip or chutney or ketchup.
Indian Chef Chhaya Thakker, who has a huge following online on WhatsApp and YouTube will be sharing her favorite recipes and cooking tips with readers of The Times Kuwait. For feedback, you can write to email@example.com