Maurya Kala Parisar, Kuwait (MKP) is back with the 7th edition of its immensely popular annual Food Festival. MKP’s Food Festival. The main event is a competition of home cooked food from India and food stalls where visitors can enjoy popular dishes from various regions. The event will be held on Friday, 10 April, 2020 at Indian Community School Kuwait Junior, Block 10 Salmiya (ICSK Junior) from 3:00 pm onwards. The event’s objective is to highlight specialties from various regions of India especially from the states of Bihar and Jharkhand.
The competition will be held in five categories and will be judged by prestigious celebrities and chefs. Each category will have amazing prizes.
The entertainment will include various types of fun activities and several stalls of delicious food from various parts of India, in addition to accessories, clothing, games and many more.
The event also has drawing and painting activities for Kids as well as a fancy dress event will be organised for kids upto 14 years of age. Dress up your kids in the fanciest of dress and let them walk the ramp.
Photography Contest is another attraction where on the spot photos of the 7th MKP Food Festival event will be accepted through WhatsApp. The best ones will be awarded.
Entries for the food competition is open to Indian Community in Kuwait including MKP members as well as non-members. As in previous years, there is no entry fee for participating in the 7th MKP Food Festival. Categories of Food and basic rules of the competition are as:
- FoodCompetition Categories:
Category 1: Vegetarian (food from any state of India)
Category 2: Non-Vegetarian (food from any state of India)
Category 3: Street Food (food from any state of India)
Category 4: Dessert (food from any state of India)
Category 5: Ethnic food from Bihar & Jharkhand [open for all participants]
- Maximum number of entries allowed from any non-MKP member participant will be two (2).
- Category 5 ‘Ethnic Foodfrom Bihar & Jharkhand’ is open for non-member participants also.
- Participants will bring prepared dish for competition. It is not on the spot cooking event.
- Judges’ decision and scores will be final. No objection will be entertained.
- There is no entry fee. Foodbrought by the participants as entries are their contribution to the event. Quantity of food should be adequate for tasting by judges and for display.
- Criteria for evaluation: Taste / Presentation / Ethnicity with respect to that region
- There will be 3 prizes in each category.
- Last date for sending entry for Food Festival competition is 31 March, 2020.
Maurya Kala Parisar registered with Indian Embassy in Kuwait, is a cultural and social association of people in Kuwait from the Indian states of Bihar and Jharkhand. It is dedicated to promote art, culture and heritage of the region through events and activities of interest to Indian Community in Kuwait.
The association encourages all food enthusiasts from Indian Community to participate in this unique mouth-watering festival in large numbers.
Please click on the link below to register your participation:
Please contact for queries or clarification:
Participation in Food Festival – 5111 8247, 9943 1186
Stalls and sponsorship – 9723 5707, 6684 9023