With temperatures reaching record highs, this summer is proving to be a really sizzling one. A cool glass of honey-mango fresca, an invigorating drink popular in Mexico, among other places, is just what the body needs to tame the heat. Mangoes are also now in-season, so take advantage of fruit’s availability to create this healthy refreshing way to cool down. If you do not have access to fresh mangoes you can also use frozen ones, or any other ripe seasonal fruits to makes this Fresca.
Preparation time: 5to 7 min.
Serving : 3 glasses
- 3 big ripe mangoes
- 3 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Some Ice cubes
- Mint leaves
- Lemon slice
- Peel and remove pit and dice the mangoes
- Add all ingredients in a blender.
- Blendwell until fully liquefied
- Taste and adjust sweetener if desired and more water if you want to make a thinner
- Strain the juice into a large bowl
- Pour into glasses and serve over ice
- Alternatively, you could chill the drink in the refrigerator
- Garnish with mint leaf and a wedge of lemon
Indian Chef Chhaya Thakker, who has a huge following online on WhatsApp and YouTube will be sharing her favorite recipes and cooking tips with readers of The Times Kuwait. For feedback, you can write to email@example.com