FeaturedKuwait News

Health Min.: we collected 85,000 blood bags, 8,000 platelets in 2023

Minister of Health Dr. Ahmad Al-Awadhi announced on Monday that in 2023, Kuwait has collected 85,000 bags of blood and 8,000 units of platelets.

Minister Al-Awadhi statement came during the ceremony held by the ministry to mark the World Blood Donor Day.

Al-Awadhi confirmed that the Ministry of Health uses the latest scientific methods to ensure the safety and purity of the collected blood.

The stated that 55 percent of the donors were Kuwaiti citizens, while the remaining 45 percent came from 75 different nationalities.

The Central Blood Bank of Kuwait is the first Arab bank ever to win the recognition of the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), Al-Awadhi said. Doctor Reem Al-Radhwan, Chief of the Ministry’s Blood Transfusion Service, said that Kuwait participates annually in the World Health Organization (WHO) event for blood donors held in June.

This year, the event is entitled “20 Years of Giving, for Blood Donors.” (KUNA)





Read Today's News TODAY...
on our Telegram Channel
click here to join and receive all the latest updates t.me/thetimeskuwait




Back to top button