The Criminal Court recently decided to release a doctor who was brought in from the central prison on charges of falsifying a woman’s “medical illness” report on 500 dinars bail.
The court charged the doctor with the following:
• The court: Did you falsify the woman’s medical illness?
– The accused: No.
• Do you know the accused?
• What does she do?
– I am a doctor in a clinic and we work with a system every now and then, so I am not fixed on a specific clinic.
• How long have you been imprisoned?
– Since the beginning of the investigation
• Court: Are you imprisoned in connection with other cases?
– For the first time in my life, a case has been registered against me and I am not imprisoned in connection with any other cases.