Almond cookies are always a huge hit around the holiday season. If you love almonds then these cookies are just the right ones for you. They are buttery and soft while not being overly sweet, and they are an easy delicacy to prepare at short notice for a party, or as a gift to family and friends.
Total time: 30 to 40 minutes
Yield: 30 cookies
- 1,1/2 cup All-purpose flour(maida)
- 1/2 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 1/2 cup sugar powder (add few extra spoonfuls for a sweeter version)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp roasted almond (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 tsp almond essence (optional)
- 1tbsp milk
(All ingredients should be brought to room temperature)
- In a mixing bowl add ghee and powdered sugar, and whisk until fluffy (creamy)
- Add the baking powder,roasted chopped almonds and flour along with essence Sprinkle the mixture with milk and form a dough.
- Pinch out a little dough and roll into balls, then press gently to form desired shape
- Top the shaped dough with a sprinkle of chopped almonds
- Place the shaped dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the centers are set. Do not over bake so that they remain soft on emerging from oven
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking pan, before shifting them to a baking rack Store in an airtight container and relish it for over a month.
Indian Chef Chhaya Thakker, who has a huge following online on WhatsApp and YouTube will be sharing her favorite recipes and cooking tips with readers of The Times Kuwait. For feedback, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org