Total time:30 minutes
Yield:12 to 15
Baklava, a popular dessert in the Middle East and Central Asia is said to have originated in Ottoman Turkey. Made from multiple layers of unleavened filo dough, filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with syrup or honey, this delicious and attractive pastry can be enjoyed any time of the day and on any celebratory occasion.
- 1 box phillo sheets
- 1 cup mix nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios) roughly chopped.
- 5-6 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 t sp Orange Zest
- 4-5 Dry apricots
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup pistachio powder
- 200 gm.butter(melted)
- *FOR GARNISHING:
- Rose petal (dry)
- Chocolate (melted)
- First, in a bowl mix nuts and finely chopped dry apricots.
- Then add brown sugar, cinnamon powder, orange zest and 1 tsp butter and mix well.
Now on 1 phyillo sheet apply melted butter evenly.
- Sprinkle pistachio powder and put phillo sheet on it again. Apply butter again and sprinkle pistachio powder and put 1 phillo sheet again. (3 layers)
- 3. Now cut it into small square pieces with scissors and arrange the 2/3 layers on top of each other oddly place the layers in a small muffi
Indian Chef Chhaya Thakker, who has a huge following online on WhatsApp and YouTube will be sharing her favorite recipes and cooking tips with readers of The Times Kuwait. For feedback, you can write to email@example.com