Festivals are incomplete without sweets and in India festivals are incomplete without ladoos. Ladoo, an Indian sweet can be made using various ingredients and is round in shape.
Total time: 30 to 40 min.
Serving: 10 to 12 ladoos.
- 2 cups besan (gram flour)
- ½ cup clarified butter (add more , if required)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp.cardamom powder
- 10 to 12 Almond slice
- 10 to 12 pistachios slice
- Heat the ghee or clarified butter in a pan on low heat.
- Roast the besan on medium to low flame till a nutty aroma starts to come and it changes color to light brown.
- Now add a sprinkle of water in this ghee roasted
- Cook it while continuously stirring it -couple of more minutes. Switch off the heat.
- Cool down completely .
- When the mixture cool down
- add Almond pista slice and powdered sugar.
- Mix it well.
- Also add cardamom powder/saffron to flavour it.
- Now you are easily able to shape it into round laddus.
- Garnish them with Almond n pista slice ,allow them to cool completely.
- You can store these laddus for upto one month.
Indian Chef Chhaya Thakker, who has a huge following online on WhatsApp and YouTube will be sharing her favorite recipes and cooking tips with readers of The Times Kuwait. For feedback, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org