The Directorate General Administration of Civil Aviation (DGCA) issued a circular directed to airlines operating at Kuwait International Airport, regarding exceptions to the institutional quarantine.
The following categories are exempted from mandatory institutional quarantine-
- All Diplomatic missions and their first-degree relatives (husband-wife -children) from all nationalities, whether alone or together, and their accompanying domestic workers, provided they present the proof of identification.
- All Kuwaiti patients who were sent abroad for medical treatment and their companions will be exempted after completing their medical treatment, provided a medical certificate is issued from the Kuwait health office.
- All Kuwaiti students enrolled in foreign universities completing their university examination (provided submission of a certificate issued from the Kuwait Cultural Office to prove the student is enrolled in one of abroad universities, also certificate from the university to prove date of examinations).
- Governmental and private sector medical staff will be exempted, including their first-degree family members (husband, wife, children) either singly or together, accompanied by their domestic workers, provided submission of a proof document.
- Unaccompanied minors passengers below (18 years old) will be exempted.
All exempted categories listed above are subject to 14 days home quarantine provided 2 PCR tests must be performed and on their own expenses, first PCR test upon arrival to the State of Kuwait and the second PCR test on the 6th day from the arrival date. Also, they are required to download and register in the Kuwait Ministry of Health application (Shlonik).