By Chhaya Thakker
One of the simplest sweet-course to prepare, this cream dessert is not only loaded with health-inducing fruits and nuts, it can also be easily scaled to suit the number of people, or adapted for various occasions. It is also a perfect round-off to a main meal, potlucks, or backyard barbecue parties. The fruits used in the dessert can vary in line with seasonal and local availability.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 2 hours
Serving : 6
- 1 cup roasted and semi-dried mixed dry fruits (cashews, almonds, walnuts, pistachios)
- 3/4 cup jaggery (unrefined or semi-refined cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
1/2 cup whipping cream chilled
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup mixed chopped fruits (mango, strawberry, black grape, pomegranate, kiwi)
- Soak the chia seeds in milk and leave overnight in the refrigerator
- Heat jaggery in a pan along with water to make a thick syrup, stir in the dry fruits
- Remove from the pan and let it cool on greased parchment paper
- Mix chilled whipping cream, cinnamon powder and honey to chia-soaked milk
- To serve, place a spoon of chopped mixed fruits in a small glass bowl or tall glass, add the sweetened milk cream and then the caramelized dry fruits.
- Add a second layer in the same order and serve chilled.
Indian Chef Chhaya Thakker, who has a huge following online on WhatsApp and YouTube will be sharing her favorite recipes and cooking tips with readers of The Times Kuwait. For feedback, you can write to email@example.com