The year 2015 is special for Toshiba, as its PC division celebrates its 30th anniversary of bringing innovative Products and solutions to the mobile computing industry with their state of the art Notebook and Tablet range of products.
A brand with its roots in Japan, Toshiba has quickly expanded its business and proved its worth and leadership worldwide.Toshiba Gulf FZE, the company’s regional HQ for the Middle East and Africa region is a leading brand for Notebook computers in the region.
Since debuting the world’s first laptop, the T1100, in 1985, Toshiba has continued to lead innovation in the Notebook PC segment. For thirty years now, the company has been at the forefront of PC technological advancements, launching products for consumer and business that showcase a deep understanding of customers’ needs. Committed to enhancing people’s experience with technology, Toshiba has successfully infused the concepts of trust and reliability in Notebook PC, design and manufacturing.
From 1985 until today, here are Toshiba PC’s breakthroughs:
• 1985: Toshiba T1100 World's first mass market laptop computer
1986: T3100 The first portable PC featuring an Intel 286 processor
• 1988: Toshiba T3100E World’s first Notebook PC with an internal hard disk drive
• 1991: TECRA T4400 First laptop PC featuring a color thin film transistor (TFT) display
• 1994: TECRA C5/CDT Introduction of the first laptop PC featuring an Intel Pentium processor
• 1995: TECRA First laptop PC incorporating a CD-ROM drive
• 1997: Libretto 50 World’s first Palm PC with Full Windows 95 incorporating a DVD drive
• 2001: PORTÉGÉ 4000 First laptop PC incorporating wireless capabilities (Bluetooth and WLAN)
• 2005: TECRA S3 First AV laptop PC featuring LCD TV-class video quality
• 2008: QOSMIO G50 World’s first notebook PC with Quad-Core cell-based processor
• 2010: LIBRETTO W100 The first Dual 7” touch screen
• 2011: QOSMIO F750 World’s first glasses-free 3D notebook PC
• 2012: PORTÉGÉ Z830 World’s first lightest 13” Ultrabook™ with a complete set of ports
• 2013: KIRA World’s first Ultrabook™ with WQHD LED backlit touch screen display
• 2014: Satellite P50t World’s first 4K2K laptop
Evidence of Toshiba’s passion for innovation dates back to centuries, through two of the most brilliant minds in Japanese history—Hisashige Tanaka and Ichisuke Fujioka. Together, these visionaries began the journey of what would be one of the world’s most influential and profitable manufacturers of consumer electronics.
With 138 years of legacy and 30 years’ worth of breakthroughs in the PC industry, Toshiba has truly redefined technological innovation. To make life easier and more enjoyable for those who choose to experience their products—that is Toshiba’s sole promise.