Forgot your password?



Back to login

Spread of Scabies' cases in Kuwait news is baseless - Health Minister Undersecretary
April 11, 2018, 12:01 pm
Share/Bookmark
Ministry of Health Undersecretary Dr. Mustafa Redha at a press conference

Ministry of Health Undersecretary Dr. Mustafa Redha denied press reports that there are hundreds of cases of scabies in Kuwait hospitals, adding that no patients have been transferred to any hospital in the past months. He said at a press conference at Adan Hospital today that news circulated over the spread of such diseases were baseless and that the matter is being probed at a regional level.

The reported 200 scabies patients in Al-Adan Hospital and 70 in Al-Jahra Hospital "is totally false," Redha had earlier told KUNA. He, however, confirmed that cases of scabies in Kuwait "did not exceed their normal rate." Redha assured Kuwait has enough scabies medicines in storage.

"The Ministry is following the developments related to infectious and communicable diseases in the area very closely, and takes into consideration the availability of necessary vaccinations," he said.

 

Share your views
CAPTCHA
 

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

"Envy comes from wanting something that isn't yours. But grief comes from losing something you've already had."

Photo Gallery