The Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II, the latest vehicle to be launched by the ultra-luxury British automaker, made its debut in Kuwait yesterday evening. The car was unveiled at an exclusive Ramadan event hosted by Ali Alghanim & Sons Automotive, the sole dealer of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in Kuwait, in their showroom located in Al Shuwaikh.
The subtle re-design of the popular Ghost family sees understated exterior changes coupled with the latest in industry-leading technology from Rolls-Royce. The result is the ultimate expression of modern dynamism and luxury, a dramatic yet graceful vehicle that is effortless thanks to cutting-edge technology.
“The Ghost II is the essence of Rolls-Royce in its simplest and purest form,” said Mr. Mohammed Alghanim, Managing Director, Ali Alghanim & Sons Automotive. “It is a combination of the most advanced automotive engineering in the world and a multitude of hidden technologies that work together to ensure a perfect driving experience,” he added.
Changes to the Ghost Series II begin in the front, where re-sculpted LED headlights encircled by daytime running lights lend the vehicle a more striking aesthetic. A tapered ‘wake channel’ on the bonnet, emanating from the Spirit of Ecstasy, evokes the sight of a jet’s vapour trail or wake of a fast luxury yacht and hints at the car’s dynamism. Subtle re-sculpting of Ghost’s bumpers creates a stronger stance and a sense of extra width and height, whilst the contemporary design is further enhanced with the addition of chrome inserts to the front air intakes, which now feed more air cooling to the front brakes. In addition, the famous waft line has been re-designed on Ghost Series II to lean further forwards emphasising the car’s effortless vigour.
Within the interior, the Ghost Series II delivers on its outward appearance, with the ultimate contemporary combination of luxury, technology and connectivity available today. Ghost Series II’s onboard technology ensures it is an oasis of calm in a busy, connected world.
A suite of technologies ensure that both business and leisure time in the car are a super-luxurious effortless experience. On-board Wi-Fi transforms the Ghost Series II into the most connected, luxurious place in which to conduct business on the move, whilst Satellite Aided Transmission (SAT), debuted in Wraith last year, enhances the car’s dynamism – ensuring the car automatically adapts to its surroundings, augmenting the drive experience. Updates to navigation systems and the car/user interface ensures accessing the Ghost’s features remains an effortless experience, whilst optional Bespoke Audio – the most exhaustively engineered and finest audio system in automotive history – brings new levels of aural satisfaction to passengers.
Ghost: Contemporary Rolls-Royce luxury
Since its launch in 2009, Ghost has become the ultimate symbol of success for leading entrepreneurs across the globe. Winning critical media and customer acclaim and driving the company to four consecutive historic sales records, Ghost has led a new, younger generation of highly successful men and women to Rolls-Royce ownership; a key pillar in the marque’s highly successful sustainable growth strategy.
Ghost is a thoroughly contemporary representation of Rolls-Royce luxury – perfectly balancing effortless dynamism and modern luxury in a car that is composed under all circumstances. Owners enjoy a quietly assured, exquisitely refined modern motor car with an interior ambiance that offers a sense of calm and serenity in an often frenetic and chaotic business world.
In essence, Ghost is a Rolls-Royce that meets its owner’s every need: an exquisitely appointed business tool for the business week and an engaging and effortless driving experience for leisure at the weekend.
Ghost Series II – changes at a glance
Ghost Series II presents significant recent technological updates in an exterior package that represents evolutionary changes to Ghost’s timeless aesthetic.
- A contemporary re-imagining of Ghost’s front face; re-engineered and re-designed LED headlights are framed by day-time running lights.
- Revised surface treatments including re-sculptured bumpers that present a wider, more dynamic stance.
- A new bonnet design featuring tapered ‘wake channel’ emanating from the Spirit of Ecstasy that hints at Ghost Series II’s dynamism.
- The waft line leans further forwards, giving further expression to Ghost’s dynamic driving experience.
- New paint and wheel options giving customers greater scope for Bespoke personalization.
- Re-designed front seats include electronically adjustable thigh supports and depth adjustment. Rear seats have been subtly re-angled to augment effortless communication with fellow passengers.
- The clock fascia and instrument dials are enhanced with the addition of polished metal chaplets that evoke premium watch design.
- Option of extending natural grain leather to the A and C pillars.
- The scope for Bespoke customisation is extended with the introduction of two new, exquisitely crafted veneers: Paldao and Walnut Burr Crossband.
Technological and engineering enhancements
- Re-designed LED headlights incorporating the latest technologies. A whiter, brighter light augments driver safety whilst electronic reflectors move in the direction of travel in response to steering-wheel turns. New anti-glare technology deflects light when a car approaches in the other direction, giving Ghost Series II drivers the benefit of full-beam headlights at all times.
- Suspension enhancements include re-engineered front and rear struts, new steering gear and adjusted dampers that increase the car’s cornering ability when the Dynamic Driving Package is specified.
- New hydraulic rear axle bearings enhance ride quality and rear stability whilst reducing vibrations and cabin intrusions.
- All Ghost Series II motor cars feature Satellite Aided Transmission as standard – a technology that utilizes GPS and mapping data to ensure the car is always in the correct gear when negotiating turns, motorway exists and roundabouts.