Forgot your password?



Back to login

Reports on Ebola cases in Kuwait baseless - Ministry
October 21, 2014, 8:10 am
Share/Bookmark

The Ministry of Health on Monday quashed reports on social media that Ebola cases were discovered in Kuwait, terming them as "baseless".

A police station had demanded the Health Ministry to examine some Asian and Ethiopian expat women held there and they were found to have upper respiratory tract infection (URTI), no Ebola or MERS coronavirus, acting director of public health at the Ministry Musab Al-Saleh told KUNA.

They had been held in custody for more than a month, while the incubation period of the Ebola virus is 21 days, Al-Saleh added.

He explained that none of the examined women belonged to African countries hit with Ebola outbreaks, noting that they do not complain of high temperature or any other worrying symptoms. They were given the usual medications and are improving, Al-Saleh said.

No case of Ebola has been recorded in Kuwait, he said, referring to the strict precautions and measures taken almost two months before in cooperation with the Interior Ministry, declining visas to people from countries hit by the virus.

Share your views
CAPTCHA
 

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

"Envy comes from wanting something that isn't yours. But grief comes from losing something you've already had."

Photo Gallery