The Ministry of Interior has released new regulations for passport renewals and residency renewals. The new rules are as follows:
1. The validity period of the residency permit will be the same as the validity of the passport. .
2. Residency permit ends same day as expiry of passport validity date.
3. Work visa (or family visa) will not be granted to enter Kuwait for the first time, if the passport validity is less than two years.
4. Work permit or residency, will not be renewed if the validity of passport is less than one year.
5. Visa will not be issued to dependents if they don't have their independent passports.
6. Validity of residency for dependents will be the same as validity for sponsor residency.
7. The terms of connecting residency renewal to validity of the passport is applicable as of January 2016 statement.
Al employees should make sure of the validity of their passports. Passports should be renewed well in advance, taking into consideration that work permit or Kuwait residency will not be renewed if the validity of the passport is less than one year.
|Datu Kael||Posted on : January 13, 2016 9:02 am|