The Ministry of Tourism, Oman in partnership with Oman Air has held a workshop for the Kuwait travel trade to launch a range of special holiday packages specifically designed for travellers from Kuwait.
The workshop was held at the JW Marriot Hotel in Kuwait City with the attendance of nearly 90 key members from the travel trade. It also served as a platform to showcase Oman as a premier sailing destination in the region and as a leading weekend getaway from Kuwait for a variety of unique Omani experiences – mountains, beaches, deserts, caves and forts.
Salim Salim Bin Adey Al Mamari, Director General of Tourism Promotion, Ministry of Tourism, Oman said: “Kuwait is one of our key markets in the GCC and we remain committed to our trade partners in the country by designing exclusive packages for visitors from Kuwait. We want to showcase Oman as a truly year round destination for a diverse and exciting range of activities that from sailing and diving to cultural trails, hiking, heritage walks and luxury travel."
"During 2015, the Sultanate welcomed more than 1 million visitors from the GCC alone, and we look forward to attracting even more in 2016.” At the event the Ministry of Tourism, Oman announced the following tailored packages for visitors from Kuwait to a wide range of destinations. All packages include flight tickets, 3 nights’ accommodation, and daily buffet breakfast.
• Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa – KD 235 per person
• Alila Jabal Akhdar Resort – KD 329 per person
• Millennium Resort Mussanah – KD 157 per person
• Intercontinental Hotel Muscat – KD 199 per person
• Grand Hyatt Hotel, Muscat – KD 274 per person
• Garden’s Residences, Salalah – KD 149 per person
• Crowne Plaza Resort, Salalah – KD 160 per person
• Hilton Resort, Salalah – KD 180 per person
• Atana Khasab Hotel – from KD 232 per person
The packages have been designed to enable tourists to sample a comprehensive range of locations in the country from the historic capital Muscat; the southern city of Salalah – home to the frankincense trail and much more; the sailing and water sports centre of Musannah; the cool clean air of the Jebal Akhdar plateau and the beauty of the Musandam Peninsula.