The second 'Kuwait International Health, Safety and Environment Conference and Exhibition' (KIHSE) which is an initiative by the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) and its subsidiaries, will take place on 15 – 16 February in the Regency Hotel and Conference Center in Kuwait City. It will be held under the main theme “Meeting the Challenges Ahead”.
The organising committee have recently announced that H.E. Essam Abdulmohsen Al-Marzouq, Minister of Electricity and Water/Minister of Oil, State of Kuwait will be welcoming H.E. Mohammed Hamad Al-Rumhy, Minister of Oil and Gas, Sultanate of Oman as a key participant at the event.
The attendance of both Ministers reinforces the huge importance of HSE awareness in Kuwait and the GCC region and they join an increasing number of internationally renowned experts who have committed to give their insight and support the regions efforts to develop a culture of commitment to health, safety and environment awareness.
Leading the confirmed speaker list are;
• H.E. Mr Essam Abdulmohsen Al-Marzouq, Minister of Electricity and Water/Minister of Oil, State of Kuwait
• H.E. Mohammed Hamad Al-Rumhy, Minister of Oil and Gas, Sultanate of Oman
• Mr. Nizar M. Al-Adsani, Chief Executive Officer, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
• Mr. Mohammad Husain, President and CEO, EQUATE
• Mr. John Raine, Vice President, QHSSE, Weatherford, Houston, USA
• Dr. Steven Flynn, Former Head of Group Safety & Operational Risk, BP, London, UK
• Dr. Brent Pasula, Senior Vice President, HSSE, Petrofac, Dubai, UAE
• Mr. Sergey Peresypkin, Director HSE, Baker Hughes, Dubai, UAE
• Dr. Eamonn Naughton, Group Head of Operational Risk, Process Safety Engineering & HSE, BP UK
• Justin Hughes, Managing Director, Mission Excellence
Alongside the conference, which features plenary sessions and 3 distinct tracks focusing specifically on health, safety and the environment, the exhibition is attracting an increasing number of specialised companies who will be showcasing their latest products and services at the event.
Participants are expected to include, in addition to KPC and its subsidiaries, many international and regional oil and gas companies, regional national oil companies, HSE consultants and suppliers; oil and gas service providers, non-governmental organizations and academic institutions.
KIHSE is an initiative by KPC, and is organised in collaboration with Global Events Partners Ltd (GEP), a major UK-based event management company affiliated to the dmg::events network.