Minister of Communication Issa Al-Kanderi ordered Sunday an urgent investigation into photos issued recently by a British newspaper regarding two passengers who took some photos in a cockpit of a Kuwait Airways plane. Al-Kanderi, also Minister of State for Municipal Affairs, said in a press statement he asked the Kuwait Airways Chairperson Rasha Al-Roumi to form an urgent committee to investigate the incident and scrutinize the photos posted on social media networks.
If the incident is true, those who are responsible for it will be held accountable, he asserted, adding the results of investigations will be transparently announced to the Kuwaiti people and the competent bodies.
On its part, the Kuwait Airways said in a press statement that it would conduct a comprehensive investigation into the incident to take necessary measures in accordance with the regulations of the airways if the incident is true.
The airways added that the female passenger entered the cockpit during a flight from London to New York in 2013, noting it only knew about the incident today.
The newspaper had earlier said that a Kuwait Airways pilot allowed two passengers to get into the cockpit and take some photos inside it.