Eight new faces were inducted into Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's council of ministers on Monday — possibly the last reshuffle before the 2014 general elections.
Sisram Ola, Oscar Fernandes, along with Girija Vyas and KS Rao, were inducted as .
The ministers of state are Manikrao Gavit, Santosh Chowdhury, J D Seelam, E M S Natchiappan.
Ola and were ministers in the UPA-I but did not find a place in the UPA-2 government.
With the new induction, the strength of the council of ministers go up to 77.
The expansion-cum-reshuffle of the council of ministers has been necessitated by the exit of ministers from DMK as well as resignation of Pawan Kumar Bansal, Ashwani Kumar, Ajay Maken and C P Joshi.
* Oscar Fernandes gets roads and highways ministry
* Girija Vyas becomes housing and urban development and poverty alleviation minister
* Sis Ram Ola becomes labour and employment minister
* K S Rao gets textiles ministry
Ministers of state:
* EMS Natchiyappan takes oath as MoS commerce and industry
* J D Seelam becomes
* gets social justice and empowerment
* Santosh Chowdhury gets health & family welfare