Tedious hair jewellery and clips are passé; DIY metallic tattoos are the latest accessories for your tresses.
Till a few seasons ago, flash tattoos were all the rage and everyone from Katie Holmes and Vanessa Hudgens to Rihanna and Selena Gomez were sighted with sporting gold, copper and metallic tattoos on various parts of their bodies. Though these were popular at music festivals, eventually, women across the world started sporting them for all kinds of events. Now, taking this trend forwards, many women are sporting metallic tattoos on their mane.
These hair tattoos were first popularized by Kylie Jenner, who put up a picture of her on Instagram, where she was seen sporting a pretty gold arrow headband on her tresses. Unlike traditional hair tattoos, where one needs to shave off their hair in intricate designs, these flash tattoos are temporary and easy to apply. They can last anywhere from five to seven days.
While hair chalk suits women with blonde hair, tattoos in metallic colours like silver and gold stand out against dark hair. If you wish to get your own hair tattoo, follow these quick and easy steps.
How to use them
- Make sure your hair is shampooed and conditioned.
- Place the tattoo strip with the design side face down on your hair.
- Dab it well with the help of a damp towel.
- You can also use a wet cotton ball. Peel off the paper, just like a regular temporary tattoo.
- To remove it, simply wash it off from your hair. The best results are often seen on straight hair. So, if you have waves or curls, flatten them out with a hair iron and then apply the hair tattoo.