A number of lawmakers have been putting pressure on Minister of Social Affairs and Labor Hind Al- Sabeeh to stop some political, religious and unknown entities from launching donation campaigns without the approval of the concerned authorities, reports Annahar daily quoting sources. While stressing the need to ban these campaigns until the beginning of the next legislative term, the lawmakers also unveiled their plan to submit bills to eliminate such a negative phenomenon. Some lawmakers have had discussions and meetings on ways to deplete the resources of terrorists and regulate the collection of donations, sources disclosed.
Sources said the lawmakers have agreed on presenting draft laws so the country is solely responsible for the money getting out of Kuwait to any area in the world through the recognized charitable committees. Meanwhile, MP Nabil Al-Fadhel expressed support for calls to dry up the financial and non-material resources of terrorists. He claimed the charitable work is being misused up to the extent of utilizing it for instigating wars and buying weapons under the guise of helping the poor. He proposed penalties like fiveyear imprisonment and maximum of KD10,000 fine or any one of them for those who illegally collect donations or call for collecting donations without obtaining a license from the concerned authorities.
The Ministry of Public Works has asked eight companies to submit their financial and technical offers for the reconstruction of Imam Al- Sadiq Mosque in Sawaber, reports Al-Qabas daily quoting Undersecretary Awatif Al-Ghenaim. Al-Ghenaim disclosed these companies should submit their offers to the ministry on Wednesday. She went on to say the ministry invited a total of 22 companies to present their offers and it set Aug 2 as the deadline for submission.
In another development, sources said the ministry had earlier met representatives of companies involved in the construction and maintenance of the passenger building and two annexes at Kuwait International Airport. Sources revealed the meeting tackled the companies’ questions regarding the project and the opinions of the ministry. Sources added an agreement has been reached not to extend the contracts signed with these companies, considering they are familiar with every stage of the project.
Source: Arab Times