Forgot your password?



Back to login

Lebanese singer’s concert to go ahead in Kuwait
April 15, 2015, 2:33 pm
Share/Bookmark

A concert by Lebanese singer Marcel Khalifa will go ahead in Kuwait as scheduled, an official from the National Council for Culture, Arts and Letters (NCCAL) has said.

“The administrative issues and the stalled procedures have been addressed and there is no cancellation of the concert,” Ali Al Yoha, NCCAL secretary general, said.

“The concert will be held as scheduled and the procedures with the singer have been finalised.

Kuwait is genuinely keen on holding high-class cultural events, based on its belief in the significance of serious art. It is also keen on welcoming its creative guests in the field of art and literature,: he said, quoted by a local daily on Wednesday.

Reports emerged on Tuesday in Kuwait saying that the performance had been cancelled.

According to the reports, pressure from lawmakers had pushed the council to cancel the concert in protest against the 64-year-old Lebanese singer.

The lawmakers insisted the singer be banned from entering the country.

However, an official from the council, the main government body involved in Kuwait’s artistic life, said the earlier cancellation was due to “purely administrative reasons in order to avoid issues that the current situation cannot accommodate.”

 

Share your views
CAPTCHA
 

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

"Envy comes from wanting something that isn't yours. But grief comes from losing something you've already had."

Photo Gallery