Forgot your password?



Back to login

Kuwait minister denies mobile theft allegations
January 11, 2015, 11:59 am
Share/Bookmark

Kuwait’s Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Abdul Mohsen Al Midaj has denied reports that an Egyptian delegation visiting his country had stolen his mobile phone. Reports in Egyptian media and websites said that the phone was stolen from the minister as he attended a dinner banquet hosted in honour of the delegation accompanying President Abdul Fattah Al Sisi who last week made his first visit to Kuwait.

The theft reports went viral on the social networks, disseminated mainly by those opposed to 59-year-old Al Sisi whom they accuse of usurping power from the former president, the Muslim Brotherhood's Mohammed Morsi. However, Al Midaj said that the allegations had no foundations, local daily Al Rai reported on Sunday.

“I did not even have my mobile with me when I attended the dinner banquet,” he told an Egyptian satellite channel. “The claims are shockingly trivial and without the slightest foundations. It is obvious that these rumours seek to undermine relations between Kuwait and Egypt,” he said.During his visit on Saturday and Sunday, Al Sisi discussed ways to promote Kuwaiti investments in Egypt, mainly in businesses and tourism.
 

Share your views
CAPTCHA
 

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

"Envy comes from wanting something that isn't yours. But grief comes from losing something you've already had."

Photo Gallery