Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Sheikh Mohammad Al-Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah on Friday expressed deep gratitude to Lebanese security authorities for their efforts that led to unconditional release of the Kuwaiti citizen, Mohsen Barrak Falah Majed.
Liberating the Kuwaiti national was the fruit of constructive and continuing cooperation between the Kuwaiti and Lebanese security authorities, he said, stressing that he was set free without conditions.
Necessary measures are being taken to bring him home, said Sheikh Mohammad Al-Khaled, in a Ministry statement, indicating that the Kuwaiti authorities have been involved in making arrangements for his comeback.
Majed, born in 1967, was taken as a hostage in eastern Lebanon on January 17. Abdulaal Al-Ginaee, the State of Kuwait Ambassador to Lebanon, said that he had been abducted by unknown gunmen in the eastern Bekaa Valley.
The Kuwaiti diplomatic mission in Beirut had been in constant contact with the local authorities to try to pinpoint his whereabouts and liberate him.
Official Lebanese media had reported that Majed was snatched at gunpoint farm in the town of Qebb Elias in the Bekaa.