“Kuwait is a coastal country and hence Sustainable development of coastal infrastructure is essential. Kuwait has about 500 km of coastline. Many new projects are being implemented in the coastal area. At present, the technical manpower available in Kuwait to tackle these projects is limited. More developed manpower in the coastal engineering area is required for successful and sustainable development of coastal projects. It is proposed to provide essential knowledge in the area of coastal engineering with special emphasize to the coastal problems in Kuwait for the participants during this one week training activity so that the knowledge gained can be fruitfully used for their coastal engineering project activities in Kuwait.
The main objective of this training is
· To teach the participants the basic concepts of Coastal Engineering
· To introduce the physics of waves, tides, currents and sediment transport in coastal environments
· To let them understand the concept of coastal dynamics and sediment transport
· To introduce the participants the design concept of some of the important coastal structures like Breakwaters, Submarine pipelines, Shore protection structures and Scour protection systems
· To let them know how to select the design conditions for coastal structures in Kuwait
· At the end of the training program, the participants will have up to date technical knowledge to carry out the coastal projects better.
The training will be imparted through a series of Lectures, Field Visits and exposure to case Study results of some of the important coast engineering problems in Kuwait. Dr. S. Neelamani, Senior Research Scientist and Program Manager of Coastal Management Program and Dr. K. Al-Banaa, Associate Research Scientist of Coastal Management Program will be the trainers.
Practicing Engineers, R&D personnel, Field Engineers from private and public sector organizations and University faculties can participate in this training course.
For further details, please contact