Forgot your password?



Back to login

KFSD warns against makeshift houses
July 3, 2016, 8:59 am
Share/Bookmark

In order to avoid a fire tragedy similar to the one that took place in Farwaniya two days ago and led to the death of nine Asians and injuries to more than 12 others, Kuwait Fire Service Directorate (KFSD) has issued a warning against possible disasters that could take place in the makeshift houses adjacent to the house which witnessed the tragedy.

Deputy Director General for Prevention Affairs at KFSD Major General Khalid Al-Mikrad said decisive actions should be taken in this matter.

According to a source from KFSD, the fire was caused by an electrical fault in the air conditioning unit due to overload in electricity consumption and bad and random cable extensions. The source revealed that the makeshift house was not used as residence for families or bachelors but it was used as a workshop for repairing and storing air conditioning units. He also revealed that the burnt house contained more than 25 makeshift rooms.

Source: Arab Times

Share your views
CAPTCHA
 

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

"Envy comes from wanting something that isn't yours. But grief comes from losing something you've already had."

Photo Gallery