The Ministry of Interior of Kuwait has decided to implement the new guidelines with effect from 1 January 2016 applicable to expatriates residing in the country with regard to the linking of validity of Residence Permit with the validity of the Passport. The new guidelines are as under:-
- The duration of the Residence Permit cannot be for a longer period than the duration of validity of the passport.
- Residence Permit shall expire on the same date of the expiry of passport.
- The decision to link the validity of residence with the validity of the passport is applicable with effect from 1 January 2016.
- Please avail the remaining period till 1st January 2016 to renew the passport to avoid violation of Residence Permit Law for foreigners.
- Approach Department of Residence Affairs (as per address given in the Civil ID) to register and transfer the data from the old to the new passport.
All Indian nationals in Kuwait are advised to ensure that their passports are renewed so as to avoid any violation of the Residence Permit Law in Kuwait for Foreigners.