A family get together and legal seminar was organized by Indian Lawyers Forum Kuwait, Salmiya.
The meeting was presided over by forum President Adv. Thomas Panicker who highlighted the legal assistance and services the forum offered to the community. He also reiterated the importance of attending the monthly general body meetings by all members where they could discuss professional subject of mutual interest for their professional updates.
He declared that in every meeting each member will present one or more legal subjects for discussions. He also informed that on an average 30-40 community members on a monthly basis approach the forum with their legal queries. The forum also offered to conduct legal seminars for any associations willing to conduct legal seminars.
Adv. Thomas Stephen welcomed the members and their families. After which, Adv. Mohammed Basheer presented the monthly report.
Discussion on Labour Law and Legal developments in India, was followed with the active participation of Adv. Sumod, Adv. Sudeer Nambiar, Adv. Shivadas, Adv. Priya, Adv. Mini and Adv. Bishnu Das.
The forum decided to rejuvenate their activities by the following programs:
- Conduct house visits of members and sponsors to support their legal aid programs
- Conduct training of the children on various disciplines.
- Prepare write ups/ articles for updating their directory
- Organize a yearly planner and have regular debates/ discussions on current affairs by members.
- Conduct regular Onam celebrations as well as mega annual day tentatively by 11 November or 18 November.