His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah lauded the continued efforts exerted by members of Kuwait Fire Service Directorate (KFSD) in keeping lives and properties safe.
His Highness the Amir made his remarks Tuesday during his visit to the Kuwait Fire Service Directorate (KFSD) headquarters on the occasion of the Holy Month of Ramadan, during which he opened the new building.
He was accompanied by His Highness the Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Deputy Chief of Kuwait National Guards Sheikh Mishal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, and His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah.
They were received, upon their arrival, by Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah and KFSD's Director-General Yusuf Al-Ansari. "Throughout your honorable history, which you made through great sacrifices, commitment, and loyalty to your duties, you have proven your worthiness and earned the attention and respect of all," His Highness the Amir said, according to Amiri Diwan statement.
His Highness the Amir pointed out the great responsibilities and risks taken by firefighters when controlling fires, saving lives, and preserving properties.
His Highness the Amir also praised KFSD's officials' tireless efforts and strives in enhancing their employees' efficiency levels through engaging them continuously in various training courses in firefighting and security and safety rules.
His Highness the Amir also commended KFSD's keenness in enhancing all their firefighting centers, spread all around the country, and equipping them with the latest firefighting equipment and systems, highlighting by that their high-level administrative work in firefighting action, whether field or precautionary.
His Highness the Amir also expressed his appreciation of KFSD's efforts in raising public awareness in fire precautionary among citizens, and adopting the procedures of implementing safety and security requirements inside buildings, malls, and public facilities. His Highness wished the department's officials and employees all the best of luck in serving their country, and prayed to Allah Almighty to protect them and bestow his mercy upon the ones who lost their lives while attempting to save others', and place them in his heavens.
In his speech, KFSD's Director General Lieutenant General Yusuf Al-Ansari said, on behalf of the directorate's staff, it is an honor to offer greetings to His Highness the Amir, His Highness the Crown Prince and the government on the occasion of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
The visit of His Highness the Amir and His Highness the Crown Prince to the directorate translates the strongest meanings of cohesion and communication between the wise leadership and the country's firefighters, he said. "This stresses Your Highness' support for the firefighters and keenness on getting acquainted with them," he added.
The visit is a great honor, and raises the staff's morale and encourages them to develop their performance to be in favor of the country, Al-Ansari noted. "There are some strategies of the directorate that are in line with the vision of Your Highness and aim to turn Kuwait as an international and financial hub," he stated. They are as follow:
- Believing in achieving national duties as planned.
- Cementing the principle of achieving integration among all different bodies of the government, mainly Ministries of Defense and Interior, and Kuwait National Guard.
- Believing that the private sector is an indispensable strategic partner of the development process.
- Depending on national efforts to maintain the country's security and protect their properties, and for the safety of citizens and residents.
- Paying attention to awareness programs on the protection of fire at homes, through educating people to be a main nucleus on how to safeguard their rights and properties.
- Using modern technology and sciences to cope up with the development of industry and production, and to evolve the center of the firefighters to be an internationally recognized academy and to set up specialized centers in this field.
- Coping up with the global development in the areas of research and sharing expertise on regional and international levels that helped Kuwait recently join, as a main member, International Civil Defense Organization (ICDO).
"The constant Keenness of firefighters to save lives and protect properties is undoubtedly stemming from the generous support and care of Your Highness for them as Your Highness is the Humanitarian Leader," he said.
Concluding his speech, Al-Ansari wished His Highness the Amir and His Highness the Crown Prince good health, and the State of Kuwait further prosperity and progress.
His Highness the Amir was accompanied by Minister of Amiri Diwan Sheikh Nasser Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, His Highness the Amir's Chief of Staff Ahmad Fahad Al-Fahad, Head of the Amiri protocols Sheikh Khaled Abdullah Al-Sabah, Undersecretary of Highness the Crown Prince's Diwan Sheikh Mubarak Faisal Al-Sabah and head of the Media and Cultural Affairs at the Amiri Diwan Yusuf Al-Roumi.