Gulf Bank chairman Omar Kutayba Alghanim walked away with the prestigious “Businessman of the Year” award at the Arabian Business Kuwait Awards on Sunday night.
The banking giant was one of 14 leaders honoured at a glittering ceremony held in Kuwait City.
Other big winners included Boubyan Bank winning Islamic Bank of the Year. Faten Al Naqib won Businesswoman of the Year, with Zian Telecom winning Telecoms Company of the Year. AIG took Visionary Company of the Year, with Equate winning the award for CSR.
Edward Attwood, Editor of Arabian Business, said: “There have been some outstanding success stories over the past year in Kuwait. The country has once again proved that it has no shortage of great companies, great ideas and great people. Our congratulations to all the winners.”
FULL LIST OF WINNERS
- Islamic Bank of the Year / Boubyan Bank
- Bank of the Year / Gulf Bank
- Best Finance Company / Commercial Facilities
- Insurance Company of the Year / Warba insurance
- Technology Company of the Year / Qualitynet
- Businesswoman of the Year / Faten Al Naqib
- Telecoms Company of the Year / ZAIN telecom
- Visionary Company of the Year / AIG
- Logistic Company of the Year / KGL
- Real Estate Company of the year / Al Masaken Int Real Estate Company
- Special CSR Award / Equate
- Construction Company of the Year / Al Ahmadiya
- Best Education & Training Institute / Eurotech
- Businessman of the Year / Omar Kutayba Alghanim