The Embassy of Japan is pleased to announce that the Government of Japan will be offering scholarships to teachers who wish to conduct research on school education at Japanese Universities.
The Japanese Government Scholarship was established in 1954 in order to increase mutual understanding between the people of Japan and other countries as well as to make an international contribution to the intellectual field.
All Kuwaiti citizens who meet the qualifications below are eligible to apply:
- Only those born after 2 April, 1982 are eligible to apply.
- In principle, applicants must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at elementary, middle or secondary schools for at least five years in total.
- Applicants should be physically fit to participate in the program.
- Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan.
- Applicants must also have the ability to do research in Japanese and adapt to living in Japan.
- Japanese Embassy will carry out screening, interview and written examinations.
Application forms, detailed information and other conditions can be downloaded from Embassy's page: http://www.kw.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/00_000043.html.
The last date for submission is Wednesday, 22 February, 2017. Only hard copies, preferably printed on A4 size paper, and mailed through courier or hand-delivered to the Embassy will be accepted.
The application process consists of document screening, written exams, and personal interview.
The academic exams will be held on Tuesday, 7 March, 2017. Past exam until 2013 can be provided for public reading at the Embassy of Japan.
For inquiries, contact the cultural section of the Embassy of Japan: 25309426