Six out of nine Pakistani victims who lost their lives in Farwaniya fire would be laid to rest in Kuwait while the other three would be buried in Pakistan’s Mian Channu, it was reported on Saturday by agencies. According to details, the authorities have geared up to hold DNA tests for the affectees due to unrecognizable condition of the bodies.
The corpses would be identified by their finger prints, said authorities. Muhammad Asif, his wife, two sons Muhammad Umar, Muhammad Hamza, two daughters Javeria and Areej, Asif’s mother Nasreen Bibi, his sister-in-law and nephew were allegedly among those who died.
The deceased Mohammad Asif’s nephew Yousaf Khalid told the media that police immediately sealed the area as fire erupted in a residential building due to short circuit while the rescue process was also launched at once. He said that the ill-fated blaze has engulfed all the documents and other data of the residents.
On the other hand, the officials have said that identification process of the victims is important after which their place of burial would be decided. Foreign Office spokesperson has said that Pakistani Embassy has deputed officials to facilitate transportation of bodies to Mian Channu.
Earlier on Friday, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday directed the concerned authorities to make arrangements for the return of bodies of nine Pakistanis who were killed in a fire incident in Kuwait. The Secretary Human Resource along with Overseas Pakistanis Foundation has been asked to work in coordination with the Foreign Office or Pakistan Embassy, a PM’s Office statement said.
The PM also directed the Foreign Office and OPF to establish the identity of deceased, get in touch with their families and keep them updated. He ordered to provide financial compensation to the bereaved family as an expat worker within three days.
Source: Arab Times