2 chicken breast (boned and halved)
½ cup butter
1½ tsp chives (chopped)
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup bread crumbs
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder to taste
2 tbsp Noor oil (for pan frying)
Intro: If you want to experience this ‘decadent’ dish in all its pomp and glory, make it on your own. You won’t regret it. It is reasonably easy to prepare and is worth the time.
• Slit the chicken breasts in halves (butterfly), pound the halved chicken breasts in between plastic sheets ensuring no holes are made on them. Flatten the chicken breast pieces well.
• Cut the butter into medium size pieces and fit into the middle of each breast piece.
• Sprinkle the chicken breasts on top with pepper, salt, chopped chives and roll it up in an envelope shape.
• Dip each roll in flour, then in beaten eggs and then roll it with bread crumbs.
• Keep aside in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
• Take a flat bottom pan with 2 tablespoons of Noor oil and fry the chicken breasts until brown on all sides. If prepared correctly, when the cooked chicken breasts are cut, butter will ooze out of them.
Serve Chicken A ’la Kiev hot with mashed potatoes, boiled vegetables and hot sauce.