Advisory on safety precautions to avoid fire incidents by Embassy of India, Kuwait
The following precautions are suggested by the Embassy of India, Kuwait to avoid fire accidents in your residential areas:-
- All rooms in a flat or villa should be properly ventilated. Fire escape route should be known to all.
- Curtains must be kept away from electrical points which can catch fire due to spark in the power points.
- Smoking must be totally avoided within the house. If unavoidable, smoking may be done in the balcony of your house or in any open area without encroaching into the private area of your neighbours.
- Cigarette butts should not be thrown in dust bins, but in ashtrays, properly extinguished. Invariably these all should be flushed with water after crushing them completely.
- All inflammable articles should be kept safely away from the kitchen.
- All houses and apartments should always have fire extinguishers. It is incumbent to get it checked annually by the authorities.
- All electrical gadgets like air-conditioners, T.V., heaters, Iron, toaster, washing machines etc should be switched off while going on leave. Plugs must be taken out from the electrical sockets for safety.