The Public Prosecution referred at least 29 people to the criminal court Tuesday on charges of attacking Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque in Kuwait City on June 26. The prosecution said in a statement that it finished the investigations into the incident, adding seven Kuwaitis, five Saudis, three Pakistanis, 13 illegal residents and a fugitive defendant whose nationality has not yet known, are accused of targeting the mosque.
Two of the defendants are facing charges of premeditated murder of 26 people, attempted murder of the injured and possession of explosives inside the mosque, the statement said. Other two defendants are charged with training on using explosives for illegal purposes, it added.
Seven defendants are accused of incitement to commit the crime, while other defendants are charged with joining a banned group that adopts an extremist thought which runs counter to the state's institutions, it noted.
Last month, a suicide bomber blew himself up inside the mosque during Friday prayers, killing at least 26 worshipers and injuring 227 others.