Forgot your password?

Back to login

‘Segregation law’ now 80 percent effective at Kuwait University
July 10, 2016, 8:31 am

Kuwait University recently announced that segregation law preventing co-education among male and female in different sectors of the university is now 80 percent effective, noting the law was not implemented 100 percent in the previous year due to the large number of students admitted in the last five years.

In response to a parliamentary question, Kuwait University said the number of students in the university is currently 38,000 while the ideal student capacity should be around 26,000.

It pointed out that implementation of segregation law will be considered upon completion of the new Sabah Al-Salem University City where two separate buildings have been specified for each gender; indicating one building is allocated for female students constituting 70 percent of the student population and the other for male students making up 30 percent, without merging the deanery of student registration. It noted the two buildings are 100 meters away from each other.

Source: Arab Times

Share your views

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

"Envy comes from wanting something that isn't yours. But grief comes from losing something you've already had."

Photo Gallery